Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Thursday, December 15, 2011

Strange indeed...



In a conversation today, an obscure reference was made... to the frontman of a band, to whose name I said "?" or something to that effect. The response was "Suicidal Tendencies/Infectious Grooves". Now... the thing is, I know both band names, but I don't know anything about them. However, here is where the strangeness comes into play. A week or two ago, I had actually listened to the one CD I have by Infectious Grooves, which was in the "getting rid of" stack.  I wasn't quite sure what it was that I liked about them, but when I listened to the CD, the song that stood out was ... get this... a cover of a Led Zeppelin tune. As for the music, all I can think of is funky irreverence... but ... no irreverence intended for this particular song. (Love the bass.)


Somewhere along the way, I had somehow managed to let it slide that I had heard the original back when I was a teenager. 

Another interesting bit is that Robert Trujillo, who, as far as I know is the current bassist for perhaps my favourite band, Metallica, was also the bassist for Suicidal Tendencies.

Twisting, turning through the never am I.

No comments: