Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Tuesday, December 27, 2011

The last one...


I went to bed early last night.. 12:30. Fell asleep with the lights on. Woke up, looked at clock... 5:12. Wanted to get a couple more hours in, but not much luck there. Sent off a couple quick emails and tried again. Got out of bed, looked at clock ...  7:12. Still had a bit of time, so tried again. Woke up at 8:01. In that short period of time, of less than an hour, I had had a dream. Yet another one as in the past few months involving people I know... I knew... and pets...  dead pets. In this one there were guys I didn't recognize and one I did, in a kitchen I didn't recognize, there were some guys who I didn't know, in the basement in desperate need of a bath, and asking for soap. There was my dog, who has been gone 13 years, getting ready to have a bath, then near the end of the dream, my mom, who died 11 years ago, resting in her chair, but in a living room I didn't recognize. And then... lying down in the middle of a coffee table (which I don't recall him ever doing) with a blanket and a piece of tissue paper (I think he loved paper) was the first cat we had that I remember. He died more than twenty years ago. Anyways, in the dream, I was very gently picking him up with the blanket. He was frail and dying... and I woke up with tears in my eyes. I know I wasn't teary eyed within the dream, the tears started upon waking.

He was the first pet that I remember, and the last one to appear in a dream.

No comments: