Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Some things are hard to see in the dark...


My foot walked into a ragged edge pothole at the side of a road tonight, with an awkward twist and a rather audible crack. I was on my way to the obligatory sporting activity and a few steps after the mishap, I was tempted to turn around and return home. I believe it is the same ankle I twisted when I was a teenager and turned a couple times over the years since. However, I continued on my way with the toes having tiny spasms with each step... and.. I did end up playing on it, after rotating and testing it out a bit beforehand. Not too many twinges during, and it wasn't that bad walking home afterwards, but... after the shoe was off, and I sat for a bit and stood back up... hmmm...  A little bit of ouch.

No comments: