Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The Hermit...


A while back whilst trippin' through the past, I had mentioned the old Led Zeppelin song "Stairway to Heaven". The other day it came to mind again, and that brought back a memory of "the Hermit", which was part of the vinyl album artwork. I went to look for the one I had sketched back in the 80s, and decided to take a picture of it as well as some other things that I have tucked away. I always used to put my initials as well as the date and time at the bottom of each drawing, but on that one, the year is missing, so I am guessing from the way I had written on it and looking at other sketches, that it was somewhere between 1985 and 1987.


A short time ago I had started to work on a post dedicated to the music in my life over the years, but after a couple pages, I realized that it was too vast in scope to do as one piece, so piecemeal it will have to be. I know there was tonnes of music floating around my universe in my early teen years, but today, the "older stuff" that came to mind was Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix and the Doors. Also, sitting in the back of my mind was a song by Jefferson Airplane called "White Rabbit". Yeah, pretty trippy stuff, but no... no drugs for this chickie.  

Anyways.... back to the Hermit. I'm quite sure I would have known that the character was part of the Tarot card deck, but I don't think I really paid much attention to that aspect of it. Today I decided to go a Googling and found this from wiki regarding this particular character:

"Some frequent keywords are:
Introspection ----- Silence ----- Guidance ----- Reflection
Solitude ----- Looking inward ----- Reclusion ----- Being quiet
Inner search ----- Deep understanding ----- Isolation
Distance ----- Retreat ----- Philosophical attitude"

Funny.... then and now, past and present... the Hermit was and still is a reflection of me. And to think this floated back into my universe because of a song.

One of the lines "Yes, there are two paths you can go by, but in the long run.... there's still time to change the road you're on .... And it makes me wonder..."  fits in well with a post I did a few days ago called "Crossroads". But...  there's also that one bit "where all are one and one is all", which seems to be a recurring theme in my journey as well.

2 comments:

KrippledWarrior said...

I'm very familiar with that song, album and picture. But until today, I never knew that the pic had a title. Or does it?

Spockgirl said...

KW:
This is just one of the limited quantity memories that I have. And... I am quite sure that Tarot cards have been around for a few centuries...