Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Sunday, December 18, 2011

A little rustic...


The other night on the way to my obligatory sporting activity, I noticed that the house on the corner had pruned their holly bush and evergreen. They neatly pile their cuttings and have a cute little sign that offers the branches for free to any passerby. Walking back afterwards, I picked out two holly branches, although it was rather hard to make them out in the dark, took them home and left them on my back porch to use "for something". Four days later I noticed them still waiting patiently there, so with clippers in hand and a small urn that had been sitting idle by the back door, decided to put that something together. I realized that there wasn't enough holly to fill the urn, and for a moment, just a moment, I was at a loss... But... "doh"...  big fir tree in my yard... hello!


Not having a real tree in the living room (for the third year in a row) kind of hit me a little more this year for some reason. The other day, I had an inkling... a vision... perhaps even a little ache, to decorate a real tree with paper snowflakes.  Seems that something a little rustic was what I needed.

No comments: