Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Sunday, December 25, 2011

Just in case...


Back here in the same spot as when I wrote that previous post, but somewhere between then and now there ended up being a family dinner here involving turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy and brussel sprouts, with presents being opened afterwards.  Couple phone calls and I started peeling potatoes just after 6:30. Cooked the carrots, and as I mentioned earlier, the stuffing was already in the oven.  Prior to those phone calls, I was seriously planning on JUST eating the stuffing and the other side stuff.  Anyways, the cooked turkey, brussel sprouts and gravy mix, together with the family bearing gifts arrived somewhere around 7:30. They were gone by 10... I finished cleaning up the kitchen around 10:30...  Good thing yesterday I had decided to buy potatoes and carrots, just in case dinner ended up being here.

No comments: