Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Sunday, December 4, 2011

Alone... not lonely...


Not really lamenting the fact that I am ending another year alone. Not being melodramatic when I say I'm broken. Just that I'm not quite working the way I used to. I have always been fine with being alone. There is a diference between being alone and being lonely. This is a small community, if I were truly lonely, there are several places where one can find other humans for social interaction. That isn't it. There is just something missing.

Now I am wondering ... if I lost a little bit of me somewhere along the way, can I still find that piece and glue myself back together?


5 comments:

thormoo said...

I love the notion that perhaps we can find the broken pieces and glue them back on. Unfortunately in my case, I shattered huge chunks of me into a million tiny bits...leaving no possible help for a Glue job.

KrippledWarrior said...

Of course you can. All you need is the motivation to over come the inertia that has you held in place

Spockgirl said...

T:
I picture you as having been broken and broken and taping yourself together over the years, but the adhesive on tape only lasts so long.

I could probably do with some crazy glue.

Spockgirl said...

KW:
You know... I was reading a post of yours a while back and thought to myself... this should be enough to inspire me to do anything. Yes, motivation is key. My noggin needs a nudge.

thormoo said...

Yea SG, you're right ..the bits and pieces of tape only go so far. I finally had to realize I couldn't fix me on my own...I had to seek, find then bring in the "big Guns"...only HE could finally put me back together again. And surprisingly, to me anyway...he did!