Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Saturday, December 3, 2011

The unicorn is dead...


Sounds like some sort of secret code. "The Unicorn is dead." I killed it. Accidentally of course. I broke its leg some time ago. Tonight I must have brushed by it with enough force to knock it to the floor. I saw it hit in slow motion as pieces of it splintered off. I've had it for probably over fifteen years, and in that time I believe it has gone on every Christmas tree, except for last year... and this. I picked up the pieces and found that all four legs are now broken off, as well as one of the wings. It is a little sad, but not any moreso than that I haven't had a real Christnas tree for two years in a row now.  The puny fake tree, garlands, wreaths and lights are up and I had them all turned on tonight. I find it very relaxing and peaceful, instead of just dead and quiet. I haven't been able to afford much of anything these past few years except for food, bills and jeans, but the Christmas spirit has not quite yet abandoned me... or I it. Somehow the soft glow of the twinkle lights provides a fuzzy warm feeling to soften the blow that things are still broken... I am still broken... and am ending another year alone.

2 comments:

Ryan said...

Christmas can be the loneliest time of year for so many people Spockgirl. I know, I've been there.

Spockgirl said...

"Ah... look at all the lonely people..." from a Beatles song... Not really me so much. I think I must write a follow-up to this.