Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Sunday, December 25, 2011

All dressed up...


with nowhere to go... not really...


Sitting in the kitchen by myself, twinkle lights on, music in the background. The kitchen table has been extended, dressed in red plaid  flannel with a tarnished silver candleabra in the centre. For company I have Shrimp Dip, Marshmallow Fluff and Apple Sage Stuffing. No turkey, no presents to open, but it is all good. I am not lying on the floor in a fetal position weeping...not that I would do that... just sayin'. I am still missing something in my life, but I am thankful for what I do have. Oh... and I also have Hot Calabrese waiting in the fridge. Yes, I went grocery shopping yesterday for the first time in about three weeks. Kind of went nuts, considering I was only going to get milk, bread and spinach.  You don't need no steenkin' presents... when you've got food. 

I have gifts wrapped and waiting for family and friends whenever it is that I see them.

Merry Christmas one and all.


2 comments:

DaveO said...

And a belated Merry Christmas, and an early Happy New Year to you and yours :)

Spockgirl said...

Thank you! And to you and yours as well.