Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Monday, December 26, 2011

Caught my attention...


I had written briefly about an upcoming movie, John Carter (of Mars). In one of the trailers, two lines caught my attention and I can't get them out of my mind.

"When I saw you... I believed that something new can come into this world."
"You are ugly... but you are beautiful."

I don't know... they just stuck with me.

2 comments:

DaveO said...

May I recommend the books, if you haven't partaken yet? The style of writing set the stage for most Hero movies/graphic novels of the past twenty years.

Spockgirl said...

Never did read the books. At the time, way back when I was a kid, it was just the comic books. Now it seems I would be more inclined to read about Burroughs himself, but sadly, not planning on doing either.