Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Saturday, December 17, 2011

I had a dream...

... this morning.

I was walking towards a group of people in a wedding party, the bridesmaids in orange dresses. I'm not particularly fond (understatement) of orange, but these were a beautiful hue. For some reason I had a happy coloured red dress on. (I very rarely wear much colour.) I'm not even sure if at that point I knew who was getting married, but I stopped to chat, as these were old school friends. Then I noticed the amazing textured fabric of the wedding gown. The bride turned around with a big grin on her face, as she always did when we were younger. We talked a bit and laughed, and ended up sticking our tongues out at each other the way little kids do, before hugging and saying goodbye. I continued on my way, and woke up, almost uplifted.

The thing is...  that friend died 25 years ago.

4 comments:

thormoo said...

SG- I have experienced similar dreams myself and for me they always seemed SO incredibly real. Do you think it's possible she was just checking in to let you know that evertthing is OK?

Spockgirl said...

T:
I very rarely have dreams involving people I know, but it has been happening in the past few months, featuring special people and pets who are deceased. Also rarely have dreams that seem so "upbeat", even though it involved someone who is gone. In this case, I would like to think that it is what you mention and that it signifies change.

On a side note, I never did find out what exactly happened to her, but I think the story was that it was an "accidental" drug overdose.

thormoo said...

Quite a few years ago I went through a stretch where I was vividly dreaming about several people I had known who had passed away. In the dreams I was carrying on conversations with them. It seemed so real that it was really freaking me out. I eventually came to the conclusion that they were just saying hello and telling me that everything was just fine....

Spockgirl said...

T:
Yeah, I like that idea. Much better than the "Would you prefer change or death?"