Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Wasn't too sure...

... about how this would translate, but caught my first glimpse today. (Views 792,927) Have to wait and see what I would figure to be the biggest test... at least from what I remember. I found the box in which it has been residing and may have to see if I can revisit it after all this time. I think I've had it for over thirty odd years now.

3 comments:

Harvey said...

In my head, I'd always pictured Thorin as old enough to have some gray hair. I thought I remembered reading that he was around 100 or so, which I believe is "middle-aged" for a Tolkien dwarf.

Although I admit that it's probably been about 30 years or so since I've read the book.

Harvey said...

Google says: 195

http://www.glyphweb.com/arda/t/thorinandcompany.html

Spockgirl said...

H:
I don't remember many details from the book, but of what I do recall, Bilbo and Gollum riddles, Dwarves songs, something about outlasting trolls, and to me the biggest test of all... how they do Smaug. I have the book out, waiting for me to pick up the magnifying glass and start reading.