Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Thursday, December 22, 2011

Insignificant...

I've been dipping into the putrid pond of despair again. I had been skimming along the surface for a while, but these last few days something keeps drawing me back down. I kind of half-heartedly joke that I'm not going to make it through the winter, but at times like this it doesn't really feel too far from the truth. I have not only lost my way... there is no road.

6 comments:

thormoo said...

It is interesting that you mention not only having lost your way but that there is no road at all.

SG- that is exactly how I feel when The "BLACK DOG" comes to town. I think you have read enough of Shell Shock to know what I'm referring to when I say "Black Dog".

I've also recently discovered that when I get to a point in life where I feel lost and cannot find the road (yes it still happens) that is the time I need to take flight. I believe you have that ability inside of you as well....Thom

Spockgirl said...

T:
Yes, I remember that term of yours. I still think of mine more like a big black puppy that comes bounding up, slobbers all over, then runs away. Almost like temporary emotional insanity.

DaveO said...

According to Dr. Emmett Brown, roads are unnecessary, so long as one can fly. Which presciently backs up T's suggestion.

thormoo said...

Yes that's right, I remember you saying that now. So we can refer to it as: your momentarily bounding, big black, slobbering puppy ATTACK!

I think that sounds like a very reasonable assessment of the situation...

Spockgirl said...

D:
Glad to see you're still kickin' around. Hope all be well with thee.

Spockgirl said...

T:
Hmm... too bad it doesn't come as boundless joy instead, although I don't think I could handle that.