Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Friday, December 30, 2011

Fading day...


I scanned in some pictures from around fifteen years ago, when I had a real camera and eyes that worked better. I'll probably post a few as I go. Considering the way this year has been going and my posts leaning, as well as the mention of my dreams as of late involving deceased pets, I found this photo of my dog to be appropriate for tonight. Neither this one nor the one above are very good, but I like how they capture the tone of the day... then, and of life now. In the one below, her stance made me smile. Down at the river near the old house, I think this was a couple years before she died at the age of 17.

4 comments:

DaveO said...

She looks raring to go!

Nice river pic, SG. First thought was this looks to be a good place to go fishing.

Spockgirl said...

It is just funny looking at it now, considering that her eyesight was probably going, but that she saw something and is looking so keenly at it. And the way her feet are turned out.

And... yes... very good fishing on this river. Some years in the summer you would see a row of guys standing in their hipwaders. The other side is where the big fish run... sturgeon. Never seen one up close, but have seen them jump out of the water.

Jeanie said...

what a sweet dog

Spockgirl said...

J:
As far as I can remember, she always stayed still to be photographed... and she was very photogenic.