Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Thursday, December 8, 2011

Poltergeist?


Last night, standing by the stove, I had one of those weird, weepy, "what's the point of it all" episodes... again. I don't remember what I was doing, but there was a pointy paring knife sitting on the stove. I had picked it up to do something and when I put it down, it kept tilting back and forth, for what seemed a rather long period of time. All I could think of was "poltergeist". Each time it wobbled, it glinted in the overhead light. The next thing that crossed my mind was "what if..." and then "I'm glad it is facing away from me."

Tonight, out of curiousity, I picked up the knife and put it down on the stove again, but this time it only wobbled a few times. I just thought it was rather odd.

4 comments:

DaveO said...

If other items behaved in a similar manner, then maybe it's something.

Your mood may be more of an indicator than your knife failing to balance/settle.

Spockgirl said...

The episode began just before the knife.

DaveO said...

Mood is one of several indioators: if your mood always goes dark in certain places, or before/after an odd event.

Spockgirl said...

Doesn't happen too too often and seems to be completely at random. I kinda keep close tabs on my behaviours. I take it that you have been in some sort of therapy.