Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Saturday, February 12, 2011

The Wind...


As I sit here in this house, I can hear the wind thrashing through the trees, and the rain tapping its fingers against the window. The house voices its protest to the relentless onslaught of Nature's fury, and I shiver in the cold night.

So... as the wind rages, I do something I have not done before, and that is... share a poem I wrote when I was.... a teenager...  (Please bear in mind I never shared because I thought they sucked, and at this point in my life, I don't really care anymore if they do.)


Thou art an icy flame that sears the cloth of Earth
Thou art a blade that slices the grain
Thou art the hand that slaps the face
Thou singest and scream
Thou makest the earth dance and her children dream
Thee spread life, change it and are it
Thou art a breath, storm, a whisper, wail
Thou art strong, sometimes weak, but never will thee fail
For thou are Nature's Child,
to be there, quiet, bold, free, wild.

cki1986


No comments: