Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Friday, February 11, 2011

A Politician with balls...


When you think of a Canadian, what is your impression? Easy-going, unassuming, perhaps wishy-washy, apologetic... "I'm sorry" type of person. I would have to agree... but underneath that... there is hidden strength. We're just quiet about it. So what does this have to do with anything? A few days ago, I read an article about a documentary that was set to be shown in our nation's capital, but the Iranian Embassy protested, and the showing was cancelled, not once, but twice. I doubt if anyone actually said the words "We're sorry, we don't want to offend anyone.", but that is what the cancellation(s) implied. Apparently, however, there were also threats made to the venue. Anyways, the film did end up being shown where it was originally scheduled to play, thanks to a politician who has a backbone. Read the article and watch the related video(s) here.

And... watch this.



I like this guy...  
The host however... leaves a little to be desired.

As for Iran... I remember from when I was a kid ... reading about or seeing on the news...  a scary looking old man named the Ayatollah Khomeini. I also vaguely remember the message he was preaching over thirty years ago.... Has it been that long? I know that his message did not fade and that it has been festering and growing all these years, even though the face of it has changed. Today we see a smiling face holding out a hand saying "friend", and I cringe for what the future holds in store for the world.

No comments: