Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Saturday, February 12, 2011

Journey...


Wow, did I ever take a trip just now. The other day the song "Open Arms" drifted into my mind. Yeah, it's a sappy song, but it was one of those songs that I could play on the piano when I was younger, much like Led Zeppelin's "Stairway to Heaven". Anyways, here's where it starts getting trippy.

So, thinking about "Open Arms"
sent me a Googling... THEN it all came flooding back... Good lord! Heavy Metal... the movie, the soundtrack... I can't really remember the movie... but... I think somewhere I might have the actual LP! No... that can't be! I wonder where it is. I know that Open Arms was on the soundtrack... but when I looked at the list of songs...  egads... .
"Veteran of the Psychic Wars" by Blue Oyster Cult...  One of my favourites. It's all coming back to me now...  "Working in a Coal Mine" by DEVO!!! Good grief! "I Must be Dreamin" by Cheap Trick. Now I know... I  have this thing for soundtracks, especially soundtracks with mixed genres of music... that is probably when it all started.  Wow. All that from lying in the dark thinking about one little song from thirty years ago.


4 comments:

T1G said...

Loved BOC and Cheap Trick... (Cheap Trick being from my home town area). Always appreciated Journey, but hadn't really heard them much in the last decade or so. Until I moved out here. They are from the Bay Area, so you hear them ALL. OF. THE. TIME.

KrippledWarrior said...

Loved the movie. It was basically a compilation of the avante garde comic book of the same name from the late 1970s. I have it on dvd and I know what I'm gonna do this afternoon.

Spockgirl said...

T1G:
I think that is the ONLY song I remember by BOC, but that is the way it is with a lot of music I listened to wayyyy back then. As for Cheap Trick... I know I liked a lot of their stuff, but just can't remember it all. I think I only liked Journey for the two ballads I recall, Open Arms and Faithfully. Steve Perry's voice could become annoying after a short time.

Spockgirl said...

KW:
I don't think I would have been allowed to see the movie when it first came out, but I know I watched it a few years later. Actually, come to think of it, it brings to mind one of my favourite comics, the Warlord.