Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Sunday, February 27, 2011

Pretty, white fluffiness...



I would say it has been snowing non-stop for over twelve hours now. I shovelled for two hours earlier, and by the time I got back to the beginning, more snow had already accumulated. I'm still hoping that I will be able to build something...(go out and play in it)....before it turns to rain again.


When I first went out, my fingers were freezing despite the fact that I had two pairs of gloves on. By the time I was done, I didn't realize that the gloves and my hands were soaking wet. I was soaking wet. But...  after all that, surprisingly I was not aching.

I am thankful that it decided to snow like this on Saturday night and into Sunday... This way, I knew ahead of time that I could shovel at my leisure and then come inside, sit down and enjoy a cup of hot chocolate.  Can't beat that.

Update: 1AM... I went out to shovel four hours after writing the above. I was out there for over an hour again.... All I have to say about that is.... ow.

2 comments:

Harvey said...

3 words: two stage snowblower

If money is an issue, a 4th word:

Used.

Spockgirl said...

Harvey:
Nah... for the volume of snow we get here, it isn't really worth it (my body currently in total disagreement), akthough a lot of people do have them (my aged father included).

Of course, in lieu of a snowblower, there is something I have never done before: I could try playing the "helpless little girl card", soon to be the "helpless old lady card". Heh.