Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Don't ask stupid questions...


So.... in the previous post, I posed an open ended question. Nay... I threw a question into the abyss. The abyss spewed forth an answer. "Don't ask stupid questions."  Perhaps though, the abyss meant to say "Please be more specific with your queries." My question simply was one word "Why?". 

I had gone to the Post Office and stopped in at one of the flower shops to talk with the owner, who for some reason was closed yesterday, the day after Valentine's Day... I figured she was worn out from the busiest day of the year... and I was correct. We talked about business and some other matters, and somehow came to the subject of when she started hers and when I started mine, and that she had given up a long-time job to start and I had lost a long-time job.  She said "things happen for a reason, whether good or bad." I agreed. I left her shop feeling surprisingly upbeat. I crossed the street and onto the sidewalk.. and.... squish...  dog shit.  I stepped in dog shit.  Please pardon my language.... All I could do was look at the bottom of my boot and say the word "shit".. quietly to myself. Then..  I said, "yes, that is what it is." Thankfully, there was a mudpuddle near the curb, so I was able to get most of it off.  Thankfully as I walked further, there was a patch of grass on which I was able to get the rest of it off.

The funny thing about this whole story? What would my more specific question have been instead of "Why?".... "Why does shit happen?"  or "Why does shit happen to people I know?"

So... thank you to the great abyss for the sage advice, and for letting me step in it instead of throwing it in my face.

1 comment:

T1G said...

Shit. Yes, that's what it is...

That sounds too much like someone I know... both the stepping in, and commenting on, the feces pieces.