Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Friday, February 25, 2011

What's up?


Because I generally have to wait to watch movies until they come out on DVD, I'm not always abreast of what's up and coming, however, every once in a while, I go and take a peek just to see.  I have rather eclectic tastes, and that may be apparent (or not) when looking at the movies that piqued my interest.

First, there is "The Eagle" which has been on my radar for a while, but the hitching point was whether or not the cutie Channing Tatum (GI Joe, She's the One, Step Up...) could hold up in a lead role in such an epic tale. This also stars Jamie Bell (Jumper...) with his unconventional rough look and moody presence, who first danced his way into our hearts in the movie "Billy Elliot".

Interestly enough, Jamie Bell also has a role in the upcoming drama "Jane Eyre", which from what I've seen thusfar has the makings to be a wonderful adaptation.

Another movie that caught my eye appears to be of a grand scale, however after watching a couple more trailers, it may be more bark than bite.  Will have to wait and see...  "Battle: LA"

Next, there is "Just Go For It", a romantic comedy starring Jennifer Aniston and Adam Sandler, which looks to be hilarious, with Ms. Aniston  hopefully providing some comedic class to Sandler's usual.

And, lastly, the one that I just found out about... "Paul"... starring ...  perhaps my favourite duo... Simon Pegg and Nick Frost, of "Hot Fuzz" and "Shaun of the Dead" fame. Basically, these two guys, with really bad hair, and an AWOL alien. Can't wait.

No comments: