Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Monday, January 10, 2011

One tear...


To honour the fallen since last time.
U.S. (Ill, Tenn, Mo (2), La, Ark, Tex (2), Ka, Md, Ohio), UK (2) and Italy

At about 9:30 this evening it occurred to me that these guys gave their lives.... The least I can do is share a bunch of damn words that spilled out of me last year. I was holding tight to this one.

I lie here so still in such silence I can hear the one tear that falls from my eye to the pillow beside me. I hold you so close to my heart when the distance between us is infinite. I search for words to express how I feel, but instead of words, there are only tears. My heart, my heart was empty before, and now it is full, because of you, whom I do not know and never shall.  (cki March 23, 2010)

No comments: