Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Interrelated Structure of Reality...


The other day, I was reading a U.S. blog which had a post pertaining to Martin Luther King Jr. Day, recognized on the third Monday of January. I was somewhat familiar with his background, but decided to Google for a little refresher course. I am aware of his "I have a dream" speech, and know that he had made others, but when I was reading through an article, there was a quote that caught my eye.

"All I'm saying is simply this, that all life is interrelated, that somehow we're caught in an inescapable network of mutuality tied in a single garment of destiny. Whatever affects one directly affects all indirectly. For some strange reason, I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. You can never be what you ought to be until I am what I ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality."

This caught my attention not only for the words themselves, but also because back in November on a blog post I had called "Twists and Turns", regarding Martin Luther King Jr. and Star Trek, a comment was posted that included this:

"... 'As they stirred Heaven and Earth, they combined to one, and everything was everyone and each one was all. As they stirred I heard a trumpet call, and everything was everyone and each one was all.' ..."

Interrelated structure of reality indeed.

2 comments:

Ralphd00d said...

So, I guess the part of it all that we don't know, is what should one be, or ought to be? I feel that leads into the whole theological aspect, and that's a convo I really do not care to start ....

Spockgirl said...

Ralphd00d:
Yup... I agree... and I originally had a different ending to reflect what I thought about it.