Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Saturday, January 1, 2011

Reflection...



This photograph is not one of mine, but how sweet it would be if it were. The gentleman who captured this beautiful image has graciously given me permission to post it here. I do not remember exactly how I found his photoblog, but it caught my attention at first with some fantastic views of travels in the U.S., and upon looking further back, I was absolutely floored by the gorgeous shots of Ireland as well as Portugal, where he resides. I have had the blog listed on the sidebar for quite some time, and I highly recommend that you go for a stroll there... it is an absolute treat.

WHEN you visit Photo and Travels, you will find images that are much more stunning than this one. The reason I chose this particular photograph is because it immediately felt like a reflection of who I am, the matter of which has been in question as of late. There is that old saying "A picture is worth a thousand words."  The perplexing thing is that the words used to describe this picture would not be the words used to describe me.  So... why this one?

Am I the image itself, muted, empty, and forlorn.
Am I the colour, hue and tone.
Am I the sky or the still water.
Am I what unfolds behind the clouds.
Am I what lies beneath the calm.
Am I the distant horizon.
Am I the boat, placed there by one and awaiting deliverance by another.
Am I the reflection of what is.

I am not in a very pensive mood today, so I may have to reflect on this more at some point.

3 comments:

Ryan said...

Wishing you a happy new year

Ralphd00d said...

I'm off to explore that sight. Very nice picture.

Spockgirl said...

Happy New Year to you too Ryan! Hope your Christmas was grand.

Ralphd00d:
Hope you enjoy it over there! I was "transported".