Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Introduction to Psychostick

Sometimes I just can't help but laugh, which is a good thing. The music that got me through most of my adult life is not the music that people in my life would have expected me to listen to. They would have been shocked, but that was just part and parcel of who I was and who I am. So here I introduce you to Psychostick:

At about the 2 minute mark there's a hilarious bit that ends with the line "But before you got to his door a piano fell on your head." Why do I find this so funny? Because in a post just yesterday, I wrote this line "wait for it... a piano is going to fall out of the building there and land on your head."

I heard this song for the first time today, as well as four others. In trying to come up with a description, I was at a loss, but they remind me of a taste of the Red Hot Chili Peppers mixed with Korn, a little Limp Bizkit and a giant jelly donut on top. Well... maybe not exactly, but you get the picture.

Curtsy to T1G over at Drunken Wisdom.  

Update Jan 6, 2011: These guys are like celery with peanut butter.

3 comments:

Spockgirl said...

I feel compelled to write a comment on my own post because I just can't help myself. This band is great. The song I posted is called "The Dumb Song", but in my little world, I am going to call it 'The Retailer's Anthem" and dedicate it to my compatriots, only one of whom reads here.

T1G said...

These guys are flat out awesome!

Thank you for the curtsy...

Spockgirl said...

T1G:
I totally agree. You have me hooked on them now.

The curtsy is something I came up with instead of a "hat-tip". Anyone who knows me would burst out laughing with the thought of me curtsying, which is why I chose it.