Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Monday, January 31, 2011

Bad... very, very bad...


After my "Ravenous" episode... which seems like it was so very long ago, but was in fact just yesterday morning.... my Sunday included doing four loads of laundry and ...  well, that was the eventful part of the day. Time seems to be passing so slowly these days, and nights, that it makes me wonder why I am being afforded so much time to just waste in thinking...  in pondering life. To what end?... For what purpose?

Last night, instead of just sleeping on top of the clean, but yet unfolded laundry on my bed, I attended to the folding and putting away of said laundry, despite my feelings on that matter. I went through the rest of the daily routine, then bundled myself a little more than usual, hopped into bed and amazingly... fell asleep probably within an hour. I awoke not feeling rested, but had remarkably received six or seven hours of perhaps uninterrupted sleep. My body, wrapped in that warm, cozy cocoon, had not moved an inch.

This morning I went to the post office and then on to deal with some unpleasant paperwork at my old office job. In the mail, there were coupons for one of the fast food restaurants... and on the way to the office, in the back of my mind, one of the burgers was calling out to me. I was thinking about the A & W Uncle Burger...  but I also had the vision of  a Tim Horton's Caramel Cafe Mocha and Honey Cruller Timbits dancing in my head. So I did what I could at the office and hitched a ride to Tim's with my sister. Timbits, for non-Canadians, are doughnut holes, or miniature versions of the doughnuts that Tim Horton's makes.  I got my Caramel Cafe Mocha and a box of ten timbits.... I finished them all before my sister was halfway through her meal. But.. then again, she was busy texting back and forth with someone. So I did get to have a taste of her food too...  The plan however was that on the way home, I would pick up my Uncle Burger... How could I resist?


Of course, it looked more like this...


It doesn't really look that appetizing in the picture I took, but there is no way whatsoever you can complain about 5 oz of sirloin beef patty just because it doesn't look as good as the advertised product. I just wish I had splurged on fries too.

I normally don't eat so much food, or such heavy food on the day of any obligatory sporting activity, but it was calling to me. Bad... very, very bad... I know.

4 comments:

T1G said...

It's good to be bad.

Or something like that...

Spockgirl said...

Or something like that... I'll find out how good that badness was in the next couple hours.

Ralphd00d said...

Oh, A&W burgers.. and their root beer floats. I miss them from when I was a kid. I have only found one A&W here in AZ and it is north up in Prescott, about an hour and half drive from here.

Spockgirl said...

Ralphd00d:
I did not know that there were A & Ws in the States... I think I remember when I was a kid A & W was one of those drive-in places where you would get a tray of food at your car window. I don't think the burgers have changed at all over the years... Yup, I remember rootbeer floats too, but very rarely do I have those anymore.