Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Monday, January 17, 2011

Happy...


I don't like daisies. Why is it then that they decided to grow wild and park themselves at the back of my yard?  I don't like buttercups, dandelions or goldenrod. Why are these the most prevalent weeds in my yard?  Nasty, the lot of them.  Weeds they are... but what else do they have in common?  Bright yellow. It is such a happy colour. Daisies are such a happy flower... er...weed. The others? Well... they pop up in the yard screaming "look at me, look at me!".

Oddly enough, when I was a kid I didn't like eating eggs. Particularly eggs... sunny-side up. Think about that for a second. What does an egg, sunny-side up look like? Hmm.... Makes you wonder. Well... it makes ME wonder. But in thinking back, I didn't mind eating scrambled eggs and devilled eggs. Then I realize that pale yellow isn't such a bad colour. I have therefore come to the conclusion that life is the egg, but life is not about the yolk and the white as two separate entities, it is about the two blended together.

In pondering further, the texture of the egg is also a key point. I know that I did not like the yolk runny... it was just plain gross. I'm quite sure even back then I preferred food to have more substance, more texture. Funny how these things stay with you over the years. 

No comments: