Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Sunday, January 23, 2011

Consumed...


Darkness comes to feed my soul
As I awake when the harsh light
Fades into nothing
My burning eyes may rest
But my body may not sleep
For my mind delays such passage
Until the night consumes me
And I am lost.


I wrote this one year ago today. I am not very fond of it because it just seems too plain... too simple. Now I read it and think that was the point..

4 comments:

thormoo said...

Isn't it funny how that works sometimes? I think certain writings have to grow on us...Perhaps they "age" almost like a fine wine...

Spockgirl said...

Hmm... I would say that most of what I have written still falls flat to my tastes. The hurdle for me was opening the bottle and sharing it. Whether or not it is drinkable is entirely up to the reader.

Ryan said...

Sounds good to me, keep writing how you feel and stay honest to yourself. Can't ask for more than that.

Spockgirl said...

Thanks Ryan. They are just humble words after all.