Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Thursday, January 6, 2011

Epic Peace


I am firmly entrenched in this epic battle between myself and the great cloying abyss of nothing. I am willing to surrender, yet the battle rages on. Would that it were a battle between two opposing forces instead of a turmoil within one.

I am the calm still surface of the water.
I am within it.
I am one with it.
I am sinking.
I can’t breathe.

4 comments:

KrippledWarrior said...

That doesn't sound like PEACE to me at all. Quite the opposite, if you ask me.

Spockgirl said...

KW:
Hard to explain it, other than to say that the title "Epic Peace" would be considered an "oxymoron", if I am recalling the correct term. In addition to that, the piece itself is NOT, by any means, epic. And... there is peace, but also that which came with it.

Big Sister said...

Either blow your nose, put on the kettle for a pot of tea, or....
our favorite standby: Eat chocolate.

Spockgirl said...

Big Sis finally steps into the ring. Ding.

Your comment here confirms a suspicion I have had for many, many years now.