Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Snow Day!



It had started snowing last night before 7pm. It was light and fluffy, not wet and icky, which is a good thing. I went to bed earlier than usual, before 2AM, maybe even before 1, which is very rare. I remember thinking to myself with rather remarkable enthusiasm... I get to shovel snow in the morning! I could hear the snowplows going up and down the streets somewhere between 1 and 2 and then again when I looked at the time around 5 and 6.  I know I got a bit more sleep than usual, but again woke up feeling tired. I bundled up, opened the door and wow. Pretty.

I was out there for an hour and a half. Backstairs, short path to frontstairs, frontwalk, front sidewalk, side sidewalk. I didn't finish the whole thing though....   180 feet of sidewalk, being 8 feet wide with 8" of snow. 

I've been here almost nine years now and the shovelling of snow has been a welcome task.  I would even clear the drain areas at the corner of the sidewalk, which wasn't my responsibity, but I was right there, so why not? Two years ago the local government determined that the sidewalks in front of people's houses must be cleared by the property owners.  I didn't really mind doing it, and still don't mind, but the thing is the sidewalk is not ON my property, it is on theirs, and I live on the corner. Oh well, c'est la vie.

I did stop in the midst of shovelling to get more pictures and hopefully will find something else worth posting.

2 comments:

Ryan said...

We've been under snow since mid November over here brrr I'm now officially sick of the sight of it lol. Keep warm.

Spockgirl said...

Ryan!
I read about your snow... Hope you at least were able to get out of your home! We had some in Nov that came and went. A little in Dec, but this is the biggest dump this winter... so far.