Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Friday, March 25, 2011

From Hashbrowns to Whipped Cream...


After a very pleasant day playing hooky from my shop, I got back in time to open up for a couple hours. Fifteen minutes before the bank was to close, I realized that I had a bill to pay... usually due on the 28th day of each month. I just happened to decide to double-check and found that it was due today! I could do nothing other than close up and make a mad dash for the bank. I got my jacket and boots on, grabbed the keys and the purse.. ran out the door, down the steps and before heading off down the street, double-checked my purse to find that the bill was not in the purse. Ran back into the house, grabbed the envelope from the table and was off. Made it in five minutes at a rather brisk pace, with seven minutes to spare. 

*****
On the walk home, met up with big sis and gremlin1 and was handed a big piece of Pineapple Crunch dessert (Puff Pastry with a crackled sugar exterior and whipped cream and pineapple filling) from the bakery for a special treat to enjoy later.  

*****
Was treated to dinner with big sis, gremlin1 and gremlin2, by the aged father. I was thus able to fulfill my desire for Hashbrowns, together with an 8 oz. sirloin steak, scrambled eggs, buttered toast with grape jelly, ...  but... before I could finish, the restaurant owner came out with some of the staff singing Happy Birthday, carrying a rather large piece of dark chocolate cake with whipped cream, ice cream and chocolate syrup, garnished with two sparklers identifying my age, courtesy of gremlin1. I did finish my meal, however, needless to say, I was not quite capable of completing dessert. Even with assistance... there were three bites left... I just could not.  I was reminded of a rather disgusting scene from Monty Python's the Meaning of Life, if I am remembering correctly.  Ugh...

2 comments:

Southern Class said...

Happy Birthday, Spockgirl. Sheesh, leave the blog reading for a couple of months and you get a year older. I pray that your family and friends in "the homeland" are faring well. I hope this is the first of many comments to come, now that I am back to reading the blogs again.
And- Birthdays are a good thing; the more you have the longer you live.

Spockgirl said...

Thanks for the birthday wish SC! Funny thing... the more time passes, the older you get.

I don't have any familiar faces in Japan... nor any contact with what is left of family there. Never really thought of it as "the homeland", but thanks just the same.

... And thanks for stopping back in to read!