Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Monday, March 21, 2011

Deliverance...

No... not what you would expect.

This afternoon I was given free food... twice. Aged father brought me some Chinese, which, gratefully I promptly ate.. and subsequently felt .... nauseous... or something.  I've had that feeling many times before so I drank some water and some blueberry/pomegranate juice to wash it down. About an hour and a half later, I heard footsteps coming up the stairs and a knock on the door.... Big sis brought me food TOO! Though, she had read my blogpost "I cannot sleep" and felt sorry for me. I'm rather glad she didn't take everything literally ("I want to die.") Well.... I got me a burger, fried chicken, fries, gravy and ... a diet Rootbeer.... Wahoooooo!!!!  And... oh yes... that burger had... bacon in it. Needless to say, the ill feeling from the Chinese food was totally obliterated... and my tummy feeling very pleased, and rather full. And... I get to have the leftover fried chicken tomorrow!

I thought perhaps the extra-special gift of extra-special food would put me into a sufficient food coma and I would be able to fall into a dead sleep tonight... I tried... I went to bed early... I slept for two hours... I'm awake now. Perhaps I shouldn't have done that... I've tried it before and it has never worked.

Egads that food was good.  I feel so...  loved...  I think I'm going to spew.

4 comments:

T1G said...

'Tis better to be loved and fed, than to be loved and poked with pointed sticks.

thormoo said...

I love the food related posts. Until they get my "belly" problems resolved, I get to live vicariously through others, including your recent posts: The burger w/bacon and fries tasted SO good in my mind as does the fried chicken!

Spockgirl said...

T:
Hmmm... fasting for tests, hospital food, IV, being poked and prodded... all that good stuff... I have found that looking at pictures of food is almost as effective as eating too.

Spockgirl said...

You so funny T1G that I couldn't figure out what the heck you were talking about. But... then something drifted BACK into my mind and.... dammit man, was that intentional? You... arghhh.