Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The Spew Factor...


I have noticed that the word spew and derivations thereof have come up recently in my mind and therefore on the blog as well as in conversations, which somehow lead to this quote, "... if you're going to spew, spew in this...", from Wayne's World.  If I recall correctly this was a hilarious spin-off of a Mike Myers (a Canadian!!!) and Dana Carvey skit from Saturday Night Live back in a time when I used to watch (considerably more) t.v.. One scene, or perhaps the only scene, that I remember from the 1992 movie was the one where Wayne and Garth are cruising around whilst listening to Queen's "Bohemian Rhapsody".  Now... there is no way whatsoever that I would be writing this solely for the spew factor... or my appreciation of that song. So... I remember back in high school an old friend had a licence as well as access to her dad's used cars... one of which bore a remarkable resemblance to the one in that movie. I thought it was a Gremlin, but perhaps it was a Pacer... I'm not sure. So there we were, a group of "good girls" cruisin around a dead town with nothing better to do.... didn't really matter what kind of car we were in. Hmm... just one of those funny things I remembered by way of one little nudge to my noggin courtesy of one fine little imp.



No comments: