Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Wednesday, July 27, 2011

The value of that word...


So ... lately, the wacky horoscopes have been rather weak or are repeating themselves, so tonight instead, I went and cracked open another love cookie. I didn't really want to post the fortune from the love cookie, so I went and cracked open a plain old cookie, and... go figure, it had love mentioned in it as well, so I went with the first one.

"Love is when you fall asleep thinking about that person and you wake up and think about them until you fall asleep again."

Now... I do not much agree with the concept of Love, nor the word itself, and in my opinion, it has been thrown about and watered down so much that it is but a shell of what it used to mean. Like many words in this modern age, Love, like Faith, and Friend, for instance, have lost the strength and true value of their meanings. I have been thinking about the value of words and these ones in particular for quite some time, but have not yet been able to formulate my thoughts sufficiently to flesh it out in writing.

4 comments:

DaveO said...

You know, oreos are better cookies all the way around.

Spockgirl said...

Dave:
Dammit... an oreo cookie with a glass of ice cold milk.

DaveO said...

And if you use a butter knife, you can remove all the filling to make a stack - most excellent with chocolate milk!

;)


turn-about's cool!

Spockgirl said...

Nope... No removing of the filling, I'm an Oreo purist.