Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Monday, July 4, 2011

Little Girl Blue...


Yeah... I'm having one of those days.. one of those weeks. Was thinking of Billie Holiday's voice singing the words "I've got those Monday blues.... straight through Sunday blues...", as well as Diana Krall and "Little Girl Blue". The title of the song is appropriate, but the lyrics not so much.  

Oh... and then on the sidebar I noticed this song, which I had heard mention of on a blog I was reading earlier tonight, so of course I had to take a listen. I have posted a few Nine Inch Nails songs here before, but this cover brought tears to my eyes.


2 comments:

thormoo said...

SG- I was reading the beginning of your post about "having one of those days, one of those weeks" and I couldn't help adding a third thought "one of those LIVES". At times in my life I have really felt snake-bitten, as if I was destined to just suffer, paying paying a price for something I never knew bout or understood.

You know me well enough today from the blog to know I don't really feel that way but I sure had my moments and have managed to make my way through it. From reading your recent posts it seems as if your going through a rough patch here lately. I sure hope that changes for you like right freaking NOW!

Spockgirl said...

T:
Yeah... I think I have actually done a post with a similar bit, except with "one of those DECADES". There are moments... those funks that tap you on the shoulder then put you in a headlock. I have been able to slip out of them before, but I saw this one coming, and it was my responsibility to avoid getting caught in it again. Funny I was just thinking of the term "tag team" from the old (and ridiculous looking) wrestling show on tv when I was a kid.

"I sure hope that changes for you like right freaking NOW!"
Thanks...