Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Wednesday, July 20, 2011

The Merry-go-round...


I was sort of sitting by myself on the playground merry-go-round, with my feet shuffling along the ground so that I could spin slowly around on my own. It was a cloudy overcast gray kind of day and it began to spit rain as I was waiting. The day was drawing to a close, time was slowing down and it was starting to get a little chilly. I rubbed my hands together to keep them warm and looked up to survey the area, which was now completely empty and silent. I sighed... the sigh of resignment. I gave a couple hearty push-offs, plunked myself down flat on my back and looked up to the sky as it rotated above me. I closed my eyes, and then, as the spinning gradually subsided, I opened them to find that the sky had darkened. It was time to go.

2 comments:

DaveO said...

Your post has a poem feel to it. Would you consider converting it to verse?

Spockgirl said...

Dave:
Funny you should say that. It took me a couple decades... decades... to get myself outside of the poem mindset.