Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Thursday, July 28, 2011

Trust


Trust is a high value word in my personal dictionary. Being trustworthy is a characteristic which I value highly in myself, and is perhaps one of the most greatly valued. When I find it in myself to trust someone else, then I have put a great deal of thought into that decision, and that being so, have essentially placed my faith in that person. Of course, throughout my life, even as a child, any decision I made, anything I did, was done so with caution and common sense. Somewhere between my generation and the next, the dictates of caution and common sense have been lost, and this is something I find truly disheartening.

I hadn't really planned on touching on the subject of trust quite yet, but it is something that has come up in the past few months and then again the other day in conversation. Then, tonight, I was just looking at some trailers and this one struck me, as the very same subject had just been brought up. It is a story that I have heard before, a cautionary tale for parents and children alike, and everyone else out there, who have put themselves "out there".


YouTubeLink

No comments: