Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Saturday, July 23, 2011

Faded remains...


My eyes, a mauve and golden haze
does mark the passing of our days
My heart, a darkness mars the blaze
to mark the changing of our ways.
In the pure blue sky comes storm,
with angry word, a shout and darkness' form.
Faded sky, beauteous tone
gives such joy when I'm alone,
for no such thing can fill my heart
but such beauty that shall never part
cki


I wrote this while I was sitting in a bus on the highway headed home around dusk many years ago, and it  is one of those rare times that I do remember where I was when I was doing something. I wasn't too sure of when exactly I wrote it, but was thinking early 90s, so I checked the old journal and found that I had written the date beside it, May 6, 1989. It is funny that in all these years, the first line has stayed with me, as I had always kept in mind the image that it conjured. I have not yet found a photograph to accompany it, although I have come close, in particular this past year.

No comments: