Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Sunday, July 24, 2011

Hello?


These lampposts always remind me of something from the old War of the Worlds movie, which I don't think that I even saw in its entirety. A microphone also comes to mind. I can picture it in video, rotating around scanning the area, calling out "Hello?"

Oh... I was just thinking that I have probably already posted on this before... I went to check and... yes, yes I have.  Two posts...  Greetings and Lamppost?  Pretty sad, travelling around in circles like this, but it is where I'm at... (Oh... good lord... now I have a retarded Lionel Richie song in my head. Note:  I am not posting a link to said song as that would be evil.)

7 comments:

DaveO said...

Lionel Richie?

Seriously?

Do we know you?

Spockgirl said...

Dave:
Yeah... like you never listened to any of his songs.

And... that is why I used the word "evil".

Spockgirl said...

Besides that... it was the 80s dude.

DaveO said...

You mean as in 'listened by choice' or 'it was played at the dance and I couldn't escape.'

Now, when he fronted the Commodores, that's a whole other thing...

Spockgirl said...

Dave:
Hahaha. "...couldn't escape." I may have conveniently forgotten most school dances, and therefore the music that was played.

I vaguely remember "Three Times a Lady" and "Still", but that's it from when he was in the Commodores.

DaveO said...

Uh yeah... you probably spent the 80s dressing like Madonna in her pre-Material Girl phase.

Which, if I recall correctly, lasted two songs, roughly April of 1985. Which would have been senior prom for thee, oh SG.

:P

Spockgirl said...

Dave:
Not bad guesses.