Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Friday, July 22, 2011

Lone Wolf...


One of the vehicles that stood out in my mind at the Vintage Car Show earlier this month was one that made me walk around to the back to check it out, where I saw this:



The unique cut-out window, the wood detailing and the stylish yet utilitarian metal storage chests were cool enough, when I noticed the words on the chests. When I was younger, I think I figured that the "Lone Wolf" concept suited me well. Of course, way back when, I didn't have a computer and wiki at my fingertips, so this was something that I would have read about at some point in my youth, with an interest of some sort in wolves and their living habits. Anyways, it is rather funny that I also wanted to post a photo of a motorcycle from the "car" show, but I wasn't too sure how to fit it in, until I realized what fascinated me about the motorcyle was the seat... for one.


I was just thinking...  It was a beautiful sunny day to stroll around town. When I was near the end of the street, I had a rather long chat with a gentleman who had been working at a local garage for 18 years. He knew where I had worked and that I had been there for a long time, but as with most people who "know" who I am, that was all he knew about me... where I had worked and that I was good at my job. I suppose you could say he knew me by my territory only, which was fine with me, Lone Wolf that I be.

Years ago, I bought a framed and matted print of a lone black wolf hiding behind a tree. I think it has been over fifteen years now and it has never been hung on a wall. I went online to see if it was still in circulation, and I think this is the one:


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I also love that picture. Lost a copy and would love to get a new copy. Anybody know how to find if? Katester