Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Friday, July 15, 2011

As we travel the universe...


I can't quite remember how I came across this particular photo album from Hungary when I first started blogging, but what originally caught my attention were some gorgeous pictures of roses. Since then he has added several other miscellaneous albums, but it is the flowers and the skyscapes that are a treat to look at.  Yeah... that's what one can do with a real camera.  This is one of his latest shots, which, much like the image from Photo and Travel (Portugal) posted at the bottom of my blog, seems to be a reflection of me. 

For another absolutely amazing photo, click here.


Tonight, I was listening to a CD that I hadn't played in a long time, and found a song that, surprisingly, I don't remember at all, but it is beautiful and just seemed to meld with this photo.  When I went to google the song and lyrics, I also found out that it is not original to Pantera, but rather is a cover of this.  And... in typical trippy universe fashion, Black Sabbath, a band that I remember from high school but didn't really listen to, came up in conversation just the other day.


4 comments:

thormoo said...

As much as we've talked about how much we are NOT alike...it blows my freaking mind that you referenced Planet Caravan by Sabbath of Paranoid this morning. One of the most influential albums and songs from my early High School days.

It gave me shivers just listening to it again...

Of course I'd heard the cover and thought they hadn't done the song a disservice yet they hadn't really added anything to it either. Then I realized that was the highest form of flattery...they were paying homage to Black Sabbath. From that moment on I have always had the greatest respect for that band.

Then I was horrified to find that guitarist Dime Bag was shot to death at the Alrosa-Villa Night Club on Columbus, Ohio's north side. A stage that I performed on many times in bands during my high school and post high school era's.So That finalized my connection from Sabbath to that song to Pantera to Dime Bag to...ME.

Spockgirl said...

T:
All I can say is that I probably haven't been able to articulate it properly, that there are similarities and parallels in our paths that border on the freakish, or that simply are freaky.

As for the last bit? Tragic. I can only reiterate... trippy universe dude.

thormoo said...

No worries, having detailed conversations or comments via the written word is really difficult I've discovered. more often then not, my initial interpretation of what someone (like you for example) means in a blog post or comment is usually not correct.

My son and I do a lot of discussing via text and it often ends negatively because of that dis-connect. I've seen that when you and I comment on each others stuff quite a lot. I've just learned to relax more then I used to and not get wound up like I did at first...I really loved hearing this song and reading your post this morning...

Spockgirl said...

Thanks T. I agree about the dis-connect thing. I was just thinking that disjointed would be the perfect word. I'm not really one for texting and much prefer emails where I can (I think) better, or more fully communicate my thoughts.