Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Thursday, July 7, 2011

Boobs or nipples?


I don't know much about anything. I know a little bit about a lot of things? To simplify, I know what I like and I know what I don't. I also know what is inherently weird. Where am I going with this? I knew that cars could have bras, but ... what I didn't know is that cars could have boobs. Or .. are these nipples? Either way... just ... weird. Apparently this is a late 60s Oldsmobile. It is a boat... it is orange... it has boobs. Interesting thing about this vehicle is that the passenger seat swivelled around so that the person in the front could turn around to face the people in the back seat.  I would hazard a guess that someone modified the heck out of the monster to make it so, but I do not know.

Funny thing I didn't notice until I looked closer at a picture of the complete vehicle is that I can sort of make out the beginnings of the boxier shape in the window frame akin to the Olds I remember from the 80s.


Hmm.... I was just thinking about some of the posts I have done and that perhaps I should clarify. I am not a car person or biker chick or outdoorsy type. Heck... there are a lot of things that I am not, but there are plenty of things that I find interesting, and can appreciate, simply for being what they are. I may not particularly like this orange boat of a car, but there is still something about it that captured my attention, other than its godawful colour.


9 comments:

DaveO said...

Fins.

Spockgirl said...

Dave:
Fins on the front end? Superfluous.

Ralphd00d said...

I don't know what they would be called.... but can see your point in calling them 'nipples'. May be part of the reason that men call their vehicles female names, and say things like "C'mon girl" when they are urging it on, etc. More 'curves' on a car... sight attraction for males? Hmmmm....

DaveO said...

Looks to be after-market/custom light covers. Headlamps.

Spockgirl said...

Ralphd00d:
Hmm... Now you got me to thinking. I think "all" vehicles, boats, cars, etc... were originally deemed as "female"??? The curvy bits on cars didn't start til after someone discovered them to be more aerodynamic.

Spockgirl said...

Dave:
As I don't know what the original car would have looked like, I did hazard a guess that a lot of it is custom, including perhaps the boobs.

T1G said...

From what I can see, that IS a George Barris custom Olds Toronado. There were only 4 of them made.

Ugly, but still... pretty cool.

T1G said...

Probably won't let this post, since I'm adding a link, but just in case...

http://www.canada.com/theprovince/cars/story.html?id=cb7bb55d-9c23-4a97-8a18-40fa8007b60b

There's some info...

Spockgirl said...

T1G:
I wouldn't go so far as to call it ugly, even though I did say "monster". If it was black... that would be something. Wow... only 4...

Dude... thanks for the link. Cool. Yeah... 1967 was Canada's centennial... and with Expo 67, a special year.