Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Someone to Watch Over Me...


Over at Avignon in Photos  there was a black and white photograph of a man playing the guitar, and the photographer made a note that on the wall behind him, the faded words read, QUELQUN POUR VEILLER SUR MOI.  In her translation, she wrote "Someone to look after me", but I lean more towards it meaning "Someone to watch over me."  This is a phrase that has been on my mind for quite some time now, after having come to the realization that I am not as strong and independent as I once was...  that I am no longer invincible... and that I could surrender to the fact that I might need someone to lean on, if not to watch over me.

I was just thinking back to something I had written around Christmas last year, so I went to look for it and found that the sentiment I expressed seems to be a recurring theme. "The feeling that, even though as a kid, knowing things weren't quite normal, I would still be taken care of. I think I miss that."

2 comments:

DaveO said...

"Someone to watch over me."

Greeaaat, that'll keep my paranoia doing cheetah flips.

Spockgirl said...

D:
Paranoia is on your list of quirks and foibles? Perhaps a better choice of words might be "hyper alertness"?