Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Underwear and Cash...


I had a big laugh when I read my wacky horoscope for today:

"To avoid embarrassment, please avoid wearing underwear on incorrect areas of the body. Smiles help the world go round, especially when the smiles are accompanied by dirty big wads of cash. Cold hard cash. In fact, forget the smiles, just give everyone money."

Two reasons... Firstly, well... it was that underwear came up again, for the third or fourth time, here and in recent email correspondence... and in particular "on incorrect areas of the body". Secondly, in regards to ditching smiles for "cold hard cash"...  I was looking in Sitemeter last night and for some reason happened to notice an ad for Paypal secure payments up top, and decided to click on it and take a look, as I had been wondering about the "Donate" button that I have seen on a few blogs. As I was reading the information, for a brief moment, I seriously considered setting that little "Donate" button up on my blog, but it just seemed so...  I don't know... cold and hard... almost mercenary*. All I could think about was "Why would I do such a thing?" and then...  "What would they be donating for exactly?"  and then... "Why would anyone do such a thing?" The funny thing is that the frivolous spending of money on things that aren't worth it has come up in a few conversations as of late, the point in discussion being that something of value to one person may not be of the same value to another.

I even went so far as to wonder what I should call the darn thing... "Spockgirl's Sunny Day Stash"? I know... I know... I'm just being silly, but silly is starting to look pretty damn good.

(* Primarily concerned with making money at the expense of ethics.)

No comments: