Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Monday, August 15, 2011

A Wet Noodle...


There are some days...  that I feel like a wet noodle. Sometimes this is a physiological aspect of the aging body when I would overdo some physical activity, but other times, or rather most often, it is psychological in nature. Years and years ago, when I had first started cooking, I had heard of a "pasta done-ness" test, in which you would carefully pick a noodle out of the boiling water and throw it against the wall. If it stuck to the wall, then it was considered done. I recall trying this with spaghetti and it did work, but I believe the noodles were one step beyond "al dente"... a little overdone. Anyways... me... the wet noodle .. floopy, lifeless, bland, stuck against the wall, waiting for gravity to force the inevitable fall. Oddly enough, it is almost exactly a year when I last mentioned this, and I'm still stuck against that wall.

2 comments:

Harvey said...

Maybe you're throwing yourself against the wrong wall?

Spockgirl said...

Harvey:
Maybe I should have stayed in the pot of boiling water.