Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Drifting...


On my way to ye olde office earlier today, as I was passing the park, the strangest thing happened. A song... a horrible sing songy song drifted into my head. I knew the tune, and at the time, only the words "I'm leaving on a jet plane, don't know when I'll be back again." This was one of those "wha?" type moments, as in ... where the heck did that come from? I couldn't remember who the song was by, but I was sort of thinking John Denver, which in and of itself was another "wha?". So I went a googling and verified that yes, it was indeed a song by John Denver. Geesh. (Please note that I did not include a link for your listening pleasure.)

So just now as I was sitting in the kitchen contemplating life and death and everything else that everyone else thinks about whilst sitting at a kitchen table, the very melancholy song "Drifting", as sung by Harry Connick Jr. came wafting into my mind. I went to look for a video link and instead of that song, I found a bunch of videos pertaining to "drifting" as in the type seen in the movie "Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift" (the one in which Vin only has a guest appearance). The following video is the one I clicked on as I scrolled down:

YouTubeLink.

Even though I don't drive or ride motorcycles, I can... and do... appreciate these guys' ability and energy, as well as their sense of humour, which was a treat at the end. Another funny thing is that motorcycles seem to be popping up in my internet journey lately.

And... here's the song I mentioned earlier. I haven't quite yet figured out if I am fading away... or...  drifting.

2 comments:

DaveO said...

Well, so long as you aren't slip-sliding away...

Spockgirl said...

D:
Yes... that too.

And... thank you for slipping another song into my noggin.