Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Wednesday, August 10, 2011

At least there's a window...


Could you do it? A 78 square foot living space? Yes, perhaps... but... $800 a month? What? Would you do it? Easy to clean up, simple to decorate, no cooking or baking, no unneeded clothes nor furniture. Completely efficient living. Hmm... I like (or almost close to the other "L" word) where I live, but this does have a rather spartan appeal to it.  It is in New York after all, but still...  I just don't know...

YouTubeLink. (486,500 views)

This just reminded me of something I had seen when I first started my journey here last year. It was what I thought to be a small living space in Hong Kong. I went a googling to find it and apparently it is 330 square feet. Amazing design concept.

6 comments:

DaveO said...

The only real estate in Manhatten that offers 78 english feet of living space at $800 per month is Ryker's Island.

Are you a minimalist?

Spockgirl said...

D:
Hahaha... But... I think it is feasible that someone is renting out three bedroom size units that share one bathroom for $800 a month each... in Manhattan. I didn't say it wasn't crazy however.

I would say that I have minimalist tendencies, but that I am not easily defined by any one "ist" category.

T1G said...

I could do it.

But I'm pretty certain that NO ONE would want to be around me. I think I'd go insane. Er.

Spockgirl said...

T1G:
Not much room to pace either. Not that you do.

I like that you added "er".

T1G said...

Bruised shins would definitely play into the going insaner part of it. Because I pace like a madman when I'm stuck on the phone. Stupid phones...

:)

Magic word thing is "reckenen". Sounds like something they would do down south. "I'm reckenen..."

Spockgirl said...

T1G:
See the beauty of a place like that for me would be ... no errant doorknobs to attack me.