Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Sunday, August 14, 2011

Looking for something...


Another song from the 80s that I had been thinking about for a while, Sweet Dreams, for which the title words have come up in my online journey a few times as of late, has the line "Everybody's looking for something." Sounds about right.  Anyways, the original version was oft listened to in high school, but when I went agoogling for it, I also happened upon a mutated copy (WARNING: May induce nightmares in innocent eyes.). Hmm.... as a note of interest...  other covers by Marilyn Manson, known more for shock value than musical ability, include... Tainted Love, Personal Jesus (Depeche Mode), Alabama Song (the Doors), Golden Years (David Bowie), You Spin Me Round (Dead or Alive), Another Brick in the Wall (Pink Floyd), Iron Man (Black Sabbath)...  and there's probably more.  I knew there had to be a couple reasons why I'd take Rob over Marilyn.

No comments: