Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Sunday, May 20, 2012

Random Sunday stuff


Something hasn't felt quite right in the last little while. Not sure what it is or was. I've been here before but not as ... intense. (I don't do intense.)

***

Earlier this week a splurge took place wherein I had for breakfast the following: Corned Beef Hash, two Eggs scrambled and two slices of Toast with Raspberry Jelly. Funny though, that I was thinking it would be canned Corned Beef, but they used sandwich meat, which I just found odd. I was really looking forward to canned Corned Beef Hash.

***

At the beginning of the week, on one of the sunny warm days, I was just heading out the door, and standing on the front porch, saw two cyclists turn onto my street and I heard one of them say... "Could you imagine these trees on your street?" (I suppose, depending on where you come from, seeing fifty or sixty foot evergreens in a residential area might be a sight.)

***

The other day I had a Sausage Egg McMuffin, Hashbrown, Orange Juice and Medium Mocha. I drank about 1/3 of the OJ and 1/3 of the Mocha, and saved the rest for later. The remaining Mocha I managed to save for two more separate drinks, adding milk and water to make it last longer. The remaining OJ I savoured... I would take one sip at a time. It lasted for two days.

***

Oh... a couple days ago, I read that there is a Solar Eclipse occurring today, which can only be seen from parts of Asia and of the western US and Canada. Not a Total Eclipse, but what is called an Annular Eclipse. Last year I learned of a Lunar Perigree that took place and a couple weeks ago, there was a Lunar Perigree/Syzygy. Fascinating stuff.

***

Back to the beginning... Hard to explain, but I have felt detached somehow ... Connected to the earth (thank god for gravity), but disconnected from everything else. Hmm... maybe it's that damn moon again.

***

It fits...
(My cat used to like sitting in boxes (even if he didn't quite fit into them), something that apparently I also liked to do when I was a baby.)

4 comments:

thormoo said...

Two things about this post jumped out at me...the first one really made me smile.

I love Cracker Barrel Restaurants (not sure if you have those north of the border but they are Southern Style cooking, great breakfasts...mostly) but they do the same thing with their corned beef hash...and I cannot stand it. I want the greasy, canned stuff with the tiny little square potatoes.

The second kind of made me smile as well...One of the cool things about living on Iyopawa Island is that it has NEVER been logged. We have many...hundreds of 150 year old oaks, maples, cottonwoods, sycamore...they are HUGE. It has dawned on me that I never see places like this with giant trees in the neighborhood...it's way-cool.

Saw you went back to your spam prevention thingy...yea I just don't get any...checked my spam filter...nothing. I'm fortunate, I guess.

Spockgirl said...

I'd be happy with canned corned beef mixed with mashed potatoes all fried up crisp on the outside. Had been thinking about Spam hash a while back. Really hungry now.

Your comment regarding the trees just reminded me of that poem I vaguely recall by Joyce Kilmer.

Yes, I put the word verification thingy back on fairly soon after as I had nine spam comments in fairly close succession. In the back of my mind I was worried that a worm or virus could come in with them, but not sure. Might turn it off again, as the random traffic has slowed down.

thormoo said...

No...whatever is going on with the spam, I think you have no choice but to leave it on, I wouldn't risk it either. I'm an old dog set in my ways but if i want to say something bad enough in comments I'll endure it, haha!

Hormel makes a great canned corned beef hash and I often keep several cans here and cook it just as you described...I love the stuff. My ex-wife Marcia was repulsed by it... probably the TRUE reason she left me is because I would stink up the kitchen on Saturday mornings making the stuff!

Spockgirl said...

Too funny...

The weird thing is that I probably haven't had corned beef hash in over fifteen years or more, but that I distinctly remember what the can looked like and what it tasted like. It was also one of the very few things that I would put ketchup on. Great... now I'm going to be dreaming about corned beef hash and ketchup... and bacon... and orange juice.