Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Friday, May 11, 2012

Up and still sleeping... or dreaming of being awake?


HAD been getting more sleep as of late... sometimes I even made it up to five or six hours... straight through. Last night... went to bed early again... before 1AM...  I seemed to be having a non-stop dream, and when I woke up, I was slightly disoriented. The first thing that crossed my mind was... did I wake up still dreaming or am I really awake and in the bedroom I went to sleep in? I wasn't absolutely certain until I went to turn the light on and it worked. I checked the time and it was... 4:40.

I've had this thing happen a few times over the years, where I would wake up from a dream, get up and go to turn the wall light switch on, only to find that it didn't work. I would even flip it a few times wondering what was going on. The light just wouldn't come on. I would go and try the switch in the kitchen or hallway and same thing there. The next thing I knew, I would be waking up again and doing the same thing. I think one of the nights this happened, I went through the same motions three times. I thought today would be one of those again, but it wasn't. Of course though, if it had been, I might still be sleeping.

No comments: